Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domestic touraments survey
on the emails so far

central venue - pretty much divided
incremental time controls slightly more in favour but more apathy here
digital clocks - most people want to use them but most people dont know how to use them. One potential home team would require the away team to set them up!

A pretty poor response so far. I will wait until the weekend and will then poll (by email) this year's team captains as well as interested member chess clubs.

As predicted by one wag , apathy is winning here, and as predicted by myself , there is confusion as to what a I mean by a central venue - which to be specific is a venue where a complete round is played. The central venue idea does not guarantee the same venue each round nor does it guarantee its geographic location. Most clubs have different ideas of a central geographic location which I find hilarious. It also takes away the flexibility of playing rounds weeks before the official playing date. I also appreciate the logistics of travelling for some clubs especially an eight man team.

Personally I dont see the innovations of either the central venue or incremental times being used unless there is overriding support for them which I simply dont see at the moment. Seperating the controls between the Spens Cup and the Richardson and the Spens would be difficult but not impossible. There is also the logistics of supplying CS clocks to clubs who do not have digital clocks as well as home teams being confident of setting them up. I also think we would have to indicate a specific manufacturer of clock.

I am also exploring the possibility of a jamboree day which would host training, fun events etc. Any ideas would be appreciated possibly the use of clocks or blitz events simuls etc

Messages In This Thread