Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Standards Committee Chairman
Hi Guys
today you can call me by my Indian nickname which is many hats because I am wearing the hats of moderator, man comm member, CWP member, moderator etc.

First of all may I congratulate Duncan Campbell which is a truly inspired choice for the chair

I think that the events of the AGM have been forgotten so let me remind those who were there and update those who were not there.

As is known the Chess Scotland President so the meeting was chaired in the first session by an acting chair ( Steve Mannion) and in the second part by the new president. Both served admirably during the meeting which brought several challenges due to the nature and content of the AGM

The chair of the standards committee was also absent so Gerald Lobley acted as representative both for the chair specifically and for the standards committee in general . He recommended that as Pat McGowan was deputy chair, he (Pat) will act as contact person for any SC issues until a recommendation is made by the standards committee and approved (or not) at the next council meeting (planned for Oct/Nov at that time) so all correspondence should go to Pat in the meantime At no point was a proposal made to appoint Pat as chair. Pat continues to be deputy chair and has never sought for election as chair.

As circumstances played out there was no council meeting although there were two Man Comm meetings. The second meeting unanimously endorsed the recommendation of Duncan as interim chair of the standards committee until his ratification at the next AGM.

I personally think that both the standards committee and the management committee have done their utmost best to get through what potentially could have been extremely difficult circumstances. If anyone have any questions on this matter then please contact me directly and dont chuck any stones either at the constitution or at any committee members. The constitution has it faults but some of us are doing something positive about improving it

Messages In This Thread