Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNCL Entries
First of all no way are we picking on the juniors and I highly resent you suggesting that we are. As far as deciding which teams get a bye as I am not the arbiter I really can't comment but I expect Andy Howie will at some point. However, I do know that Div 4 is a Swiss tourney this year and therefore would imagine that your team were due the bye on these grounds.
No one, junior or senior likes to get a bye but unfortunately they do happen. Nevermind, look on the bright side these teams are guaranteed to get the next five games as you cant get two byes.
As I had previously stated if you had let me know about the problem I could have tried to round up extra players, there were people there who could have obliged and a gradable friendly is better than no game at all.
In future I expect you to talk to me in person at the tournament so that I have the opportunity to solve problems. Waiting until after the event does not achieve anything.
Personally I cannot visualise who you are Harry but please come and speak to me and my team at the beginning of next month's event so that we can allay any other negative thoughts you have towards SNCL.
Finally, I cannot 'positively discriminate' towards juniors as you put it as this is the National League and all teams must be treated as equals, whether they have juniors in the team or not. There is not a handicapping system installed and, personally, I dont think the juniors would thank us for one. I was thrilled to see just how many teams had juniors. This shows that we are building a strong future for Scottish Chess with youngsters who are confidently challenging adults on equal terms. I saw many examples yesterday of these juniors being encouraged and respected by the adults who interacted with them.

Messages In This Thread