Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS membership renewal date
robin moore Wrote:There would be no disputes about who is eligible to vote at AGM's. It's highly likely that CS membership income would increase. It would save the Membership secretary from writing out renewal notices and confirmations on a daily basis.
I would also suggest that as part of annual renewal each member is given a password to access and post on the CS noticeboard.
There is no dispute. The rules are quite clear on who can vote and who cant. I think it is essential for the membership secretary to send out reminders ( sorry Karen) as it shown in practice that if reminders aren't sent out then memberships are more liable to lapse. I would also applaud the procedures employed at this years AGM to ensure only CS members could vote. There is no issue here. Andy H is also right to point out the administrative nightmare of midseason memberships
Your last point is totally impractical. However I am beginning to believe that there should be three levels at the forum, namely
1. A public forum, where items are posted for public consumption
2. A CS forum members forum where CS members and non CS members can post
3. A CS members section, where only CS members can access
I also dont see how CS membership income would increase. Lack of membership is due to general apathy and lack of CS forum membershiip is primarily down the personal abuse frequently dished out by people who should know better. Thankfully Andy H and myself are determined to stamp personal abuse out so hopefully that will change in the near future.
Chess Scotland and Chess forum membership is a privilege and not a right to have personal attacks

Messages In This Thread