Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Proposal: SGM notice periods and running of SGM meetings
Clashing with the British
Andy Howie and I discussed the possibility of doing this during the Scottish this year.

Pros: It avoids a potential clash with the Glorney et al. It avoids a clash with the S Wales Open.

Cons: It denies juniors the chance to play in the British juniors which would benefit them in my opinion. It would greatly limit the number of live games broadcast and thereby reduce the status of the event making sponsorship even harder to find. It would almost certainly prevent players like Gawain Jones from taking part. Few English players took part this year but it would affect that potential market. For reasons of confidentiality I cannot be more specific but there is one possible and one slim chance of a sponsor both of which would disappear if the events clashed.

Half point byes
Andy Muir - imagine this scenario. You are leading the race for the Scottish Championship by a half point going into the last round. You lose your last game. The coach of the Glorney pulls level with you thanks to his last round bye. You lose out on the title on tie break. I can just picture the look of joy on your face at the end of round 9 when you come up and thank me for giving the new champion the bye that you wanted him to get.

Messages In This Thread