Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chess forum
robin moore Wrote:There are two non ChessScotland members who are openly hostile to CS who have access to post on the noticeboard. If these two persons were permanently blocked from access, I am certain that 90% of the political bu****it would stop almost immediately.

Unfortunately there are much more than two people who can be mischievous at least and downright abusive at most. There is no distinction between CS membership and non CS membership. Bans and warnings have been issued both in the past and recently. In two cases it was CS members who were issued either with a ban or warning. I don't think CS membership is the issue. It seems to be old scores resurfacing every so often. Once Andy is back I intend to have a discussion about what we should do. Don't get me wrong, the forum has got a lot better since I started as moderator, but I think we may have to tighten the rules a bit One possibility may be to make a section or sections open to only CS members and make a section for all forum members which is rigidly monitored. I personally don't like personal attacks or moaning in order to achieve some nefarious goal. As I said already I'll speak to Andy H.
I have also got to say that the vast majority of posters behave most responsibly.

Messages In This Thread