Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Champions 2015
amuir Wrote:Let's hear from Craig and Alan Borwell again on this.
In my view, in order to not confuse the public, there should only be one Scottish Senior champion.
The seniors should decide amongst themselves whether the age limit is 50,60 or 65.
It is not my place to make the decision. This is for arbiters.
If Craig or Alan feel strongly they should raise the matter at the AGM, both on the result of this year's championship and going forward.
I note that for selection debates there is plan to be an overseer. However not for arbiting decisions.
My battle at the AGM is for ID rights.

It amazes me that you are not aware of FIDE policies. FIDE have split the seniors much to the bemusement of the seniors themselves.

Craig is satisfied, the Statement would not have gone out had he not been. The only one who seems to want to keep this going is you for some reason.

There is an overseer for Arbiters and has been since before I became an arbiter. Technically there are three. The first is the Arbiters Committee the second is the Technical Director and thirdly we have 2 Principle Arbiters. How many overseers do you want??? I know this from a personal level, I made a mistake a while back. I made a wrong decision. The player mentioned it to Ken who then was kind enough to speak to me about it so I did not make that mistake again.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread