Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New constitution
robin moore Wrote:The "grandparent" rule has been discussed before. I just wish to give a scenario for consideration.

In their younger days two sets of Scottish grandparents left Scotland for economic reasons. Their children and grandchildren were born outside Scotland and the children have a passport of their country of birth. Both sets of grandparents have retired to Scotland and are visited regularly by their keen chess playing grandchildren at long weekends and school holidays.

The grandchildren play in chess events in Scotland and are members of ChessScotland. The grandparents, parents and the children themselves have a desire for these grandchildren to be considered for selection for Scotland at full international (junior) level.

As it stands in the "old constitution" these grandchildren do not qualify for international selection consideration.

Does that seem like a fair system?

Does all this mean that the new constitution is being used to reverse a previous controversial decision (controversial whichever way the decision went).

If that is so - and I haven't bothered to read the minutes of recent general meetings and council meetings - then the small print in this new constitution is being used to reverse the status quo.

Now that doesn't seem fair to me.

Messages In This Thread