Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens - what next?
Alan T noted If it is one game a day, how does the April Edinburgh FIDE manage to have 2 games a day every season?

Like Alan T, I prefer playing with out prep too, I am surely biased, as like many parents I have no time for prep and am doing well just to engineer some chess playing time for myself. This is an interesting example, advance awareness of upcoming opponents surely gives players in certain circumstances advantages over other players.

Re Adam's comments of potential shiftyness with tactical board ordering, and how it can advantage teams fairly close in grades (not quite his words), I experienced it with one of my teams first hand this season in a particular competition and it caused some controversy, bad feeling, and was really just not ideal and completely avoidable. Even if/where the intent to gain a tactical advantage is not there by playing outwith grading order it is still likely to create problems and raised eyebrows at best. Have a rule that teams have to play in strict grading order, or within 10 points shift max, and that sorts that one out.

Messages In This Thread