Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest FIDE announcement
Ian,
just one thing I would disagree with in your posting. You state their are no contact details on the electoral role. One's home address is there - that's a contact detail of great value to any to any person or organisation planning criminal acts of violence.

I agree that there is a theoretical risk after passing on electronic contact details. Possibly at a similar level to prosecution if a neighbour slips on ice after one clears snow and ice away outside the front door. Theoretically a possibility but last I heard that had never happened in the UK and I think had never happened in the more litigation minded USA either.

If you are worried about the risk involved with releasing mail addresses to FIDE and would like players to fill in a form. Then I suggest (again) that the only form the typical chess player will reliably fill in is an entry form.

Any players not caught by that method? just write to them to say "If you have no objections your registered e mail address will be passed to FIDE to comply with new FIDE regulations". Should be easy you already have their mail addresses.

Simples - no need for a storm in a tea cup. Just do it CS and move on.

Messages In This Thread