Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotsman Chess Columns Axed!?
About 2 years ago I wrote to every newspaper/magazine publisher in the UK offering my services as a chess columnist (daily columns/weekly columns/syndicated columns across several publications, etc.)

From the 150 letters sent out (and they were professionally done) I received only 2 replies, both stating there was no space or budget for such a column in their publications.

Having seen Craig's post the other day, I bought the Scotsman yesterday just to have a nosey at what they were carrying these days, and the inevitable full page of sudokus/wordsearches/multiple crosswords etc was still there. Sad.

Personally-speaking, I stopped buying the Scotsman long ago, when they introduced that awful Forsyth man's 'hunting/fishing/shooting' column. JBH's chess column, though I like the guy, is of little interest to me as there is nothing I haven't seen or read elsewhere on the internet (for others this may not be the case).

In any event, what sort of 'response' would be required to get the Scotsman to reconsider?

Messages In This Thread