Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenrothes Congress 2015
PRoberts Wrote:I'd like to thank George Pyrich, Walter Pearson and others who organised the Glenrothes Congress since the first event in 1989. For a time it was one of the few events which awarded 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw...I shall miss those spring days walking in the rain to and from the Lomond Centre and gaining inspiration from the statues of the hippos!

I also have fond memories of Glenrothes going way back to being a chess playing kid. Other than the chess, the Lomond Centre's arcade machine Toki (a fire breathing ape), which we all formed a queue to play and the football matches outside leave happy memories. Murad's fantastic win last year was a highlight in itself. It was very simple, no fuss, efficient tournament last year, every round started bang on time. Great job George - thankyou and best wishes for your new life abroad! Hopefully someone will pick it up for future seasons, I'd like to go back to Glenrothes.

[Image: toki_04.png]

Will also echo George N's comment, on the lack of congresses in the South-East being a worry. However I would only say we only have 2 congresses in the Edinburgh & Dundee as Lothian's (a fine event) is a 1-day allegro. Even Dundee is pushing it to describe it as local for some of us. We might need another one of those CS working groups to be tasked with kick starting tournament life in our area.

Messages In This Thread