Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MINDSET
Stevie,

Totally agree with that.

Youngsters should 100% believe in themselves and their ability. Especially those who have shown enough talent (like yourself) to represent their country.

In general there is far too much 'labeling' of children. I think it suits others to try and fit people into boxes.

In reality children are very much individuals and each can be encouraged and inspired in different ways.

There are umpteen articles about the negative effects of 'labeling'

I'm thinking of asking some of the know it all coaches for the lottery numbers. Good coaches are flexible and adapt their approach to the children they are helping. They are flexible in approach and recognise they are dealing with a unique talent with each child they work with.

Finally I think there is very little transfer from swimming to chess. Swimming itself is quite unique as it is peformed in water (powers of observation) and clearly effort and training are very important. Talent alone won't do the job. It is also limited in terms of venues where the training can take part and as such the training programmes do need to be somewhat regimented.

The aspiring Chess player could use an online chess site like a massive swimming pool of his/her own to train themselves, try out their skills and experiment with their talent.
Chess being a mind sport.
Angus

Messages In This Thread