Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MINDSET
Hi Angus,
All thoughts welcome!

I have no doubts that many people do indeed get great inspiration from a belief in a god but clearly not all do believe in god and so is clearly not a source of inspiration for all. I would agree with the thought
Quote:When it is connected to something bigger than themselves then it has bigger value
but I would not limit that to a religious context: it can be being part of a team, a club or a community.

BTW what is your definition of 'talent'?

This was one of the first questions asked in the original talk because understanding what makes one person more successful than another allows you to work out ways to enable the under achiever to improve. I am not sure if you are saying that God is the inspiration, like a sporting hero if you like or whether he/she is the source of what makes someone successful?

My fear is if you are saying the latter then what do you say to those that at an early age have shown no special applitude? Because the implication is that they have not been blessed by God!

Remember I am primarily interested in what makes a successful junior continue and to develop their skill, so that you can help those that do not find it so easy.

Messages In This Thread