Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens results
Keith Rose Wrote:Jonathan - the provision of refreshments requirement was removed this season.
Why would you vote for a 6-board Richardson when you weren't able to enter a 5-board Spens?

We (Dunbar) could have entered a Spens team again this season but took a club view not too, there was a variety of factors. It is best summarised by repeating the current format is simply not attractive for many clubs.

I honestly was not aware there was a rule change this season regarding the removal of refreshments until you said it now, but maybe this was advertised and I missed it? I think this change was also a sensible one and a step in the right direction.

I don't want to be seen as being dismissive of competitions but the Spens seems to be on borrowed time to me, that is a personal view. The Richardsons is a more attractive competition. I am wondering if the Spens is suspended or scrapped, and the Richardsons is 6 boards would that perhaps help the Richardsons and also lead to some of the bigger clubs entering 2 Richardsons teams (2 x 6 boards), when before they would have entered 1 x 8 board team.

Messages In This Thread