Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dundee & Angus Congress
Interesting debate re 2 min rule. There are inconsistencies - perhaps this game this could be a way of clearing some of them them up.

I haven't read the detailed rules - from what I understand the G4 rule would have reasonabley sorted out the issue.

If Mark was down on time say under 30 seconds he can bail out and ask for 5 sec increment. It would be an automatic draw offer and accepted - if declined he should be able to draw or win easily enough with the increment.

However it was Marks opponent who was behind and he presumable requested or should have requested the G4 ruling - it automatically offers a draw and when Mark declines they both get 5 sec increment. Both Players can then demonstrate the draw or winning chances within 5 sec increments. - If that happened I would have expected mark to probably win. If the opponent did not claim G4 rule he should lose on time - its up to him to know the rules and claim it early- ideally just under 2 minutes so he has enough in the tank not to lose on time with 5 sec increment.

As the opponent did not request or seem to know the rules for G4 he should simply lose on time.

Perhaps I have the wrong understanding but If I do that would have solved the issues reasonabley fairly?

Messages In This Thread