Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson/Spens 2014-15
I think we should wait until Ian has had a look at the the venue's rooms. I hadn't thought about fire evacuation, only wheelchair access, but it is an important consideration. I would also have thought that as the venue is used for public activities it would comply with legislation regarding disabled access and emergency situations.

Although the motion for CS guidance says
Quote:3 All chess venues should ideally be accessible to all. Failing that an alternative venue with full supervision for those who cannot access the nominated venue would be acceptable.
I don't think the term 'venue' need mean another building. If Ian finds that there is a suitable ground-floor room/area for wheelchair access (and is suitable for a serious chess game) then there is no reason not to use the first-floor room for the rest of the games. If there is not a suitable ground-floor area then we have to look at another venue, and having searched already, there is a real shortage of suitable and affordable venues in and around Grangemouth, Falkirk and Stirling.

As we are talking here about the Team Finals, three weeks notice isn't, in my opinion, unreasonable given that the organiser might need some time to arrange a separate or additional place. That notice only needs to be given to the organiser, not the other team, so the question of advantage, disadvantage or gamesmanship wouldn't apply.

Messages In This Thread