Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep SNCL Tidy!!!
Hi Folks,

It was lovely to see you all today and I'm happy that you had such a good time.

Through the thoughtfulness of the catering girls we were given the extra facilities for the cafe area today. Depending on future events and commitments we may or may not have it. We cannot afford to 'buy' this area so please would you keep it tidy so that we are welcome to return.

There are plenty of bins at the venue and it only takes a moment for you to put your rubbish into one.
Once you have finished your games and go away home it is very disheartening for my SNCL Team to find that we have to spent ages clearing your mess. Cups (with and without liquid!!), plates, pens, scoresheets and other rubbish left at the playing boards -- Why?

Analysis area is also left to us. For example when tidying up tonight, rather than disturb a couple who were analysising their game, one of my colleagues left the tub on the table. Coming back ten minutes later -- the couple had gone but the pieces, far from being in the box, had been scattered over the table.

We have a very long day too -- it starts before you arrive and ends long after you leave. Please have some consideration
a) Put all your rubbish in the bin
b) Do not leave anything at the tables - analysis or competition
c) Pack away the analysis sets and leave them tidily on the table when you are finished. If someone else wants to use them it will only take a minute for them to tip them out and reset.

I would like to thank my team for their commitment to SNCL. Through your dedication we have an excellent rapport with the venue staff. I would hope that the chess community will recognise the need to assist us in this matter.

Glynis

Messages In This Thread