Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disability Office Appointment
Phil Thomas Wrote:You need to have a detailed look at the provisions of the data protection act - especially those applying to medical data

I know this act (1974) and its electronic update in 1998.It applies primarily to the storage of data and the right of access. This is not part of the argument. If part of the criteria for disability is established as being the holder of the certificate then that record can be held securely and authorised by registered persons. This may be CS proof of the legal definition of disability. CS has already sailed the boat on confidential data and has taken steps previously to rectify any potential issues. If there is a need to declare disability , then its logical that a criteria must be referred to demonstrate that disability. In simpler terms a yardstick should be used if required. This is part of the responsibility when you take on this type of commitment.

Interestingly a very senior CS director indicated to me that it was established in Tromso that national law supersedes FIDE law so maybe I am worrying too much

Messages In This Thread