Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directors' reports
Derek,

on another thread on the 5th of October I posted

It is not my intention to summarise all the agm proceedings here but briefly…….
The meeting was chaired by Steve Mannion senior. The question of the absent accounts for 2013 to 2014 arose. The finance director stated that lack of time has prevented them being ready for the agm. Steve Mannion appeared unhappy with the situation and went as far as suggesting that they be prepared asap and distributed to those who attended the agm. This idea was not formally adopted – but I don’t recall any dissenting voices from any members present.

No answers appeared on the notice from any directors. I accept Jim's view that there did not need to be. However I do not accept Jim's implied suggestion that it is necessary to have a question poised at the Council meeting in order to have the constitution followed.

The real situation is worse than that. The will of the agm is not being followed.

Here is a question for Hamish Glen the president of Chess Scotland which I do not expect to be answered on the notice board. What is the point of rewriting the constitution when you and your team do not comply with the current constitution?

Messages In This Thread