Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
Andy Howie Wrote:Going back to Phils suggestion, I am waiting to hear from Steven on what he thinks about it before working out how to proceed. Unfortunately it is too late to take Phils suggestion to the AGM but if Steve agrees with it, I intend to speak to the motion on Sat asking the AGM to agree the principle with a view of taking the wording to the first Council Meeting

I am in favour of Phil's suggestions but I would point out that they deal with blind/visually impaired players only.
I would certainly support this suggestion of taking this to the council.
I have one suggested amendment and that concerns the size of the board. I would like to see the minimum size reduced to 16mm X 16mm. I personally use one this size when playing fast time controls. It is a matter of practicality for the blind player.
I would add that the blind/visually impaired player makes use of a set to suit his/her needs. The wording is that staunton style sets should be used by the braille player. A lot of older players use a merrick set. The main concern has to be the welfare of the braille player here. If they feel more comfortable using a merrick set then they should be allowed to use it.

Messages In This Thread