Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
This needs more clarity on how it will be implemented in Scotland. The motion suggests they are "guidelines", and yet it's worded more like a set of rules. We need to know to what extent the "guidelines" are to be encouraged/enforced. I'm all for equal opportunities and trying our best for disabled players, but we need to be realistic about this. If we are going to adopt an official document to direct the issue then it needs to be absolutely clear.

1) If these are guidelines only, then why should they only be for CS events? A good set of guidelines should surely be made available to all events? If not then the good they can do is limited because the vast majority of events are not CS-run ones.

2) How do these rules and regulations fit in with the law (which supersedes them). In other words, are they even legally enforceable (I suspect not in its current form). There are laws against disability discrimination, but having an event in the upstairs part of a lift-less building because that was the only feasible option is not - in my view - discrimination against the disabled. That's why laws on such things are usually accompanied by "wherever reasonable/proportionate/appropriate" etc - which this motion omits.

Messages In This Thread