Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
In my experience, organisers of tournaments do go to extremes to meet the needs of all players. I cannot help but feel that if the FIDE guidelines were implemented fully then organisers could find it very difficult to meet the needs of all players. I note the guidelines are that only, guidelines and not absolute rules. I hope that common sense will rule the day and status quo will continue. I fear if these guidelines were fully adopted then tournaments could struggle to meet all the needs detailed in the guidelines. Players could enter tournaments and find their entry refused because their needs could not be fully met. This would not be desirable, indeed it could be discriminatory but would you cancel a tournament because you have to accept a disabled player and drastically reduce your total entries or employ staff (or enlist more volunteers) to " If a competitor cannot access the refreshments, arrangements should be made for their needs to be met. " or provide "assistants"

The present system seems to work ok, i have grave doubts if the proposed system would work at all.

Messages In This Thread