Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
robin moore Wrote:Steve,

May I ask you to clarify some things here (for starters) please?

You said....

"In regards to FIDE rated events, if a disabled player was to enter such an event, and they could not provide alternative accommodation in the case of the original venue being unsuitable, then that event cannot be rated by FIDE."

1/ Would that mean that in the above case, a CS event, if "needed to bring CS into line with FIDE on this matter." would not be graded?

2/ Would the guys in Edinburgh be able to run their Fide rated Winter chess festival at Edinburgh chess club?

3/ How do organisers know for certain who will be entering their event and what level of disability they have when they book and pay a deposit for a venue (sometimes years in advance)?

4/ Would great clubs like Troon still be able to run the very popular Ayrshire Championship (amongst other events) and would they be allowed to have it graded by CS and listed as a Grand Prix event?

1/ The answer would be yes well that would be interpretation of the rule. What FIDE are saying is that you cannot bar someone from an event because of their disability.
2/ Unless they provide an alternative venue for disabled players. The rules are clear from FIDE venues must be accessible to all players
3/ If you read guidelines then the disabled player has to inform the organisers as to the level of their disability so that the organiser has time to make necessary arrangements.
4/ That would be a matter for CS to decide

I want to see these guidelines implemented, I do accept that there will be modifications to suit the situation in Scotland. However the purpose for these guidelines must not be diluted

Messages In This Thread