Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Teams
Ok I said Chess Scotland but wasn't meaning only the organisation, just any chess volunteers in Scotland.

harrymarron Wrote:With regard to my initial point I do not think it is unreasonable to expect that some element of free coaching could be had from those individuals wishing direct financial gain from the delivery of coaching (online or otherwise). Some badging, licensing or registration system for coaches could be brought in (or use the one already in place through chessscotland) with the deal being that before youre registered you need to provide an agreed amount of coaching hours per year at no cost to anyone. These would be delivered as appropriate, in the name of chessscotland.

There is already a registration system in place. I would be all for some sort of compulsory training course, maybe a 1 or 2 day event held every so often like the one for arbiters.

Compulsory coaching for free? I just don't get it. Can you show me any organisation that does this? How many hours did you have in mind? For how many years after the initial registration??

Messages In This Thread