Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Teams
harrymarron Wrote:The hyper sensitivity and defensiveness of some people on this noticeboard continues to astound me. Andrew McHarg thanks for backing up my viewpoint that we were totally outclassed in the Stokes Cup (the ratings prove my point that we need to provide better and greater volume of free coaching). Who will provide it though? Not Clement it would seem :-)

Can you clarify whether you mean the coaching is to be free for the juniors, or whether the coaches should be doing it for free.

If the former, then it is a noble intention but where are you planning to get the money from?

If the latter, then you are kidding yourself. Are there unpaid volunteers in Chess Scotland who work countless hours for the love of the game and desire to see the Scottish game improve? Yes, and I take my hat off to them because they are truly outstanding and I don't know where we would be without them. However if you want to see the structure of junior coaching improve then the only way to do so long-term is to pay coaches for the service they are providing. Otherwise what if nobody volunteers? 'Better and greater volume' is completely contradictory with 'free'. As Mike has pointed out, Chess at the moment is ridiculously cheap compared with other sports, and I know many of the current team of online coaches are offering great rates considering their skill level and experience.

Messages In This Thread