Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Teams
Delighted to agree with Hamish
Quote:Lots of interesting points there Jacqui Smile

I have to fork out an unimaginable amount of cash on swimming, more probably in one year than I did in total for Jonny in chess, and on a reduced income as well - I even have to pay about £5 per day to watch him race.

Why do I part with this money? Primarily because it is professionally organized with a structure and a coaching schedule that almost guarantees that swimmers will develop to their maximum potential.

It is very strict - if you do not train you do not compete, you only enter events through the club and can only enter events appropriate to your standard - you have to prove you are good enough before you swim in the top events. You do not get to come last in the world championships simply on the basis of being a big fish in a small swimming pool. You need to be world class to qualify.

Anyone note the impressive performances at the commie games by the world class scottish swimmers?

I thing Chess is stuck in a low cost/cheap rut. If you compare the cost of entering a weekend congress with almost any thing else - be that a round of golf, watching footie etc - it is far too cheap.

Messages In This Thread