Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Youth - Budva
Sorry about the lack of posts made... The Internet here has been really dodgy and often cuts out, so I'm currently using the wifi in a cafe on my phone.

Here's Caitlin and Anna's well fought draw from the previous round:

[pgn]d4 d5 c4 dxc4 e4 Nf6 e5 Nd5 Bxc4 Nb6 Bb3 Nc6 Nf3 Bg4 Ng5 Bxd1 Bxf7+ Kd7 Be6+[/pgn]

The accommodation, on the whole, has been really good (perhaps the repetitive food has been the only downside) and is located close to the venue. Everyone has been finding the chess difficult with the standard being so high. There have been some really close fought games that came down to the smallest mistakes - as Mike pointed out earlier. It's hard to talk about all the cases, but for example: Vagif achieved his highest win ever on the day before the rest day and continued to play extremely well yesterday... He was completely winning against a 1604 in a French defence with the white pieces, but unfortunately blundered after 4 hours of play... For those of you who know Vagif, his patience in Budva has been very promising.

Spirits remain high and we're hoping today will be our best day yet! Although, I feel for Caitlin who is playing Monica today as it's never nice having to play players from your own team who you're really good friends with (nevermind two in a row!).

Messages In This Thread