Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Youth-an appeal to members
Patrick McGovern Wrote:the budget is there for a reason and we should be restricted by it.

Absolutely not. If fundraising by whatever means can get more cash then why not go for it?

Patrick McGovern Wrote:i know that this is shameful but by putting out a begging bowl we are missing the real issue. That is junior chess is seriously underfunded.

I don't believe that the real isue is being missed. We know that there is underfunding and there has been a lot of effort, albeit relatively unsuccessfully so far, to try and address it

Patrick McGovern Wrote:there are only so many times we can rely on generosity of the general chess public so this tactic will only take the juniors so far. what is required is a longer term solution. i do not know what this solution would be but i do know that Robin's appeal, no matter how well intended, is not the way ahead.

Until the solution is found then we will have to continue with efforts like Robin's appeal and a big thanks to him, the SJCAET and everyone who has contributed.

Messages In This Thread