Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New constitution
Phil Thomas Wrote:From the structure who do you think will create the board of selectors for adult international events?Would it be(a) The adult international director(b) The holder of the new position ----- Executive Director of Chess. For whom the Adult International Director will be working© The holder of the new position ---- Selection Board Director. Who confusingly will be working for teh holder of the new position Executive Operations Director(d) The Executive Committee in our of their frequent meetings

it's C (I believe) One advantage of this is that the International director would be available for selection. Presently there is controversy if he picks himself for selection or as non playing captain. The disadvantage of this in hindsight is that the international directors (adult) role would possible become redundant as his/her other roles are mainly admin and would consequently fall under the admin director's role. I also believe the international junior director's role is different as he/she also has the mandate to promote chess. I am assuming the selection director would organise the selection of picking the junior teams as well as the adult teams

Messages In This Thread