Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Finally.........
Andy Muir told me today that due to GDPR regulations you cannot pray for someone in a church unless you have their written permission. Apparently praying for them or asking people to pray for others is in breach of privacy regulations as you are indicating their health status (requiring divine intervention)

Apparently if they are dead however then its OK as its public knowledge
How would anyone know you prayed for them unless God told them?  In any case it does no harm to pray for anyone else so I will continue to pray for anyone I think needs help unless I know they would object.
Good sense is of all things in the world the most equally distributed, for everybody thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that even those most difficult to please do not commonly desire more of it than they already possess. Descartes
(23-07-2020, 05:28 PM)donaldheron Wrote: How would anyone know you prayed for them unless God told them?  In any case it does no harm to pray for anyone else so I will continue to pray for anyone I think needs help unless I know they would object.

apparently Don is some churches there is a list of people which the church ask its congregation to pray for, with GDPR falling foul due to the fact you're properly praying for someone who's ill (disclosing private information). Anyway i'm keeping on God's good side so he'll tell me what to play against you. Failing that I'll ask Mark Orr