Forums
SNCL 2023 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: SNCL 2023 (/thread-2198.html)

SNCL 2023 - Glynis Grant - 11-12-2022

Hi Folks,

I am delighted to say SNCL is back!!

The dates are on the front page of Chess Scotland. 

At the end of the last season it was too tight to call who would be winners or losers so we are going to keep all teams in the divisions they were in during 2019/20  All teams need to email me that they are coming by the 15th January and any new teams will go into the lowest division. The entry fee is £50 per team for this season only as a welcome back. We intend to start again in October 2023 for the traditional season unless the AGM decides they like the new date format.

For multiple teams I am also suspending the rule that higher graded players need to play in the top team, owing to grades not being accurate following Covid lockdowns and lack of competitions. However, the rule remains that players within their assigned team will then play in grading order with a 100 point flexibility.

Please pay on the first day, preferably cash.  

Look forward to seeing all teams back on the 29th January 2023 for rounds 1 and 2.

Glynis
ggrant1@outlook.com

RE: SNCL 2023 - Glynis Grant - 11-01-2023

I have the following teams confirmed so far. Remember you need to email me that you are entering by Sunday 15th Jan.

Phones club I believe one of your members emailed me months ago and wanted to know about entering a team. I'm sorry I can't find the email but you are very welcome to join us. Please email me again and confirm entry.

Same for the rest of you. If you are positive you are not returning to SNCL please give me your team's name so I can remove it from my ' got to chase you up' list.

Confirmed entries are (unless otherwise stated each name has one team entered)
CSBOS 1 and 2
Perth A
Edinburgh West
Dundee (4 teams)
Stepps
Lenzie Basilisks
Lenzie Dementors
Lenzie Deatheaters
Troon (New team, lowest division)
Corstorphine
Bon Accord
Dunfermline
Dumfries
Hamilton A and B
Edinburgh (3 teams)
Queens Park (2 teams) (New team, lowest division)
Polytechnic (New team, lowest division)
Forth Valley (3 teams)
East Kilbride
Wandering Dragons
Oban

RE: SNCL 2023 - Glynis Grant - 22-01-2023

Please check the updated list of teams entered  Look in second post on this thread.

Venue  Carnegie Conference Centre. KY11 8DY

Time  We will aim to start games as close to 10.00 as we can but please bear with us as it is our first time back and there are bound to be hiccups.

Spectators are welcome.  There are always people missing in teams and I'm sure they may find themselves being asked to play a gradable friendly so that someone doesn't lose out on playing (But can't guarantee this)

There will be a cafe with very reasonable rates and there is a big Asda nearby which has a MacDonalds.

There is an analysis room whereI would ask people to respect others going over their games and don't be too rowdy. Also please keep it clean and tidy, last time it was left in a disgraceful mess which I and my team had to tidy up. Not fun when it was already late and we were tired and wanted to go home like everyone else.
It is also possible to sit in the main foyer but again keep it tidy and stay quiet -- you can be heard in the hall.

If anyone needs an overnight stay there is a Holiday Inn Express at the entrance to the Venue. I do not know their prices and do not have a discount with them, sorry.

Anything else you want to know please either contact me personally or put on forum.

RE: SNCL 2023 - Andy Howie - 22-01-2023

Teams missing from last time

Kimarnock
Thistles
Giffnock
Wandering Dragons B
Pentland Hills
Dunfermline Knaves
Oban
Crouching Tigers
Musselburgh
Hidden Dragons
Bon Accord B
Dumfries B
Phones
Edinburgh and Fife Bulls
Lathallen
East Kilbride B

I intend to publish the draw Thursday night, so please let us know if you are entering and not on Glynis' list (Contact both Glynis and myself). Ideally if we can get 2 more teams we don't need a swiss for the bottom division!

RE: SNCL 2023 - Andy McCulloch - 24-01-2023

Sadly Giffnock can no longer raise a team for the SNCL.

On behalf Queens Park, a new club, can we confirm that the time control remains at 90 minutes plus 30 second increment from move one. What is the starting time for the second round? I think it was 2 pm, but i cant be sure.

The SNCL website is somewhat out of date, and we cannot find the league rules.

RE: SNCL 2023 - Andy Howie - 24-01-2023

90+30 and 3pm

RE: SNCL 2023 - Andy Howie - 26-01-2023

Pairings are now up on Chess Results

If I have made any stupid mistakes please let me know

RE: SNCL 2023 - William Hulme - 27-01-2023

Thanks for this Andy. The date for 1st round (on ChessResults) says tomorrow SAT instead of SUN 29th.