Forums
Ayr Congress - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Tournaments and Events (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Ayr Congress (/thread-1827.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ayr Congress - JMcNicoll - 21-05-2018

Ayr Congress this weekend and entries so far are disappointing to say the least. If you can or know anyone else requiring a wee push to enter please do, or it may not exist next year.

Pairings and results will be found here.

RE: Ayr Congress - amuir - 22-05-2018

(21-05-2018, 05:14 PM)jJMcNicoll Wrote: Ayr Congress this weekend and entries so far are disappointing to say the least. If you can or know anyone else requiring a wee push to enter please do, or it may not exist next year.

Pairings and results will be found here.

i shall not enter fide rated weekend opens

RE: Ayr Congress - robin moore - 22-05-2018

Andy,

Would you discourage juniors from playing in similar Fide rated events?

RE: Ayr Congress - JMcNicoll - 22-05-2018

Gents, the debate over the very precious FIDE rating points has been done to death, I think. 

If you want to have it again please feel free to start a topic in the general section and leave this thread for the tournament, thanks.

RE: Ayr Congress - amuir - 22-05-2018

(22-05-2018, 09:41 AM)JMcNicoll Wrote: Gents, the debate over the very precious FIDE rating points has been done to death, I think. 

If you want to have it again please feel free to start a topic in the general section and leave this thread for the tournament, thanks.

Gents, the debate over the very precious FIDE rating points has been done to death, I think. 

Guys, I am trying to be helpful. Juniors and everyone should all play at least 30 games a year to maintain playing strength. My opinion is that having titled players in tournaments attracts entries. I would consider playing Largs since not FIDE rated - however if it clashes with Glorney training then the juniors get priority.

(22-05-2018, 10:06 AM)amuir Wrote:
(22-05-2018, 09:41 AM)JMcNicoll Wrote: Gents, the debate over the very precious FIDE rating points has been done to death, I think. 

Guys, I am trying to be helpful. Juniors and everyone should all play at least 30 games a year to maintain playing strength. My opinion is that having titled players in tournaments attracts entries. I would consider playing Largs since not FIDE rated - however if it clashes with Glorney training then the juniors get priority.
Again, please open a new thread in the general section and please stop polluting the Ayr congress thread with irrelevant discussion.

Just in case anybody else is interested in attending Ayr congress, still disappointing number of entries, missing at least 50 from just 3 years ago at the moment, here is a link to B&B's around Ayr.

www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr/

RE: Ayr Congress - JMcNicoll - 24-05-2018

Just over 24 hours to go before entries close, still plenty of space for lots more people to come and play chess. Lots of space.

Pairings for round 1 in all sections should appear here between 3 and 4 tomorrow afternoon.

RE: Ayr Congress - JMcNicoll - 25-05-2018

We would really like at least another 2 entries for the B section to be able to offer a FIDE arbiter norm, so if you are between 1900 and 1500 FIDE or Scottish then please consider playing.

Also the Saturday night FIDE blitz is open to all, not just the congress entrants, to enter turn up before the start at 7:30 and pay your money.

RE: Ayr Congress - JMcNicoll - 25-05-2018

Round 1 draws are now available.