Forums
Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Tournaments and Events (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up (/thread-1256.html)

Pages: 1 2

Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - George Neave - 22-06-2015

Since the idea is leading on Poll 7 lets see when is the most popular time. Keep in mind a team could have a 3-4 hour journey ahead of them to reach the match venue.

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Keith Rose - 22-06-2015

Don't overlook that there would have to be a sanction for missing the deadline

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - amuir - 23-06-2015

what about the sanction for not bona fide ?
team submitted 24 hours before - controller contacted - has to make a decision at friday 2pm while at work.

I dont feel I have enough time to play or control the Richardson this year, given the many rule changes and my other commitments. Would anyone else like to be controller this year ? Keith, I am happy to step down.

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - George Neave - 23-06-2015

Keith Rose Wrote:Don't overlook that there would have to be a sanction for missing the deadline

You lose i.e default?

Alex - can you advise what happens here in other events that you have been involved in?

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - George Neave - 23-06-2015

amuir Wrote:what about the sanction for not bona fide ?
If team submit someone who is subsequently deemed ineligible then that board will be deemed a default. It would be prudent for team captains to consult controller in advance (as happens now?) if there is any doubt to avoid this happening.

amuir Wrote:team submitted 24 hours before - controller contacted - has to make a decision at friday 2pm while at work.
Post your team on this board time stamp by 2pm on day. Do it earlier if you have other commitments.

amuir Wrote:I don't feel I have enough time to play or control the Richardson this year, given the many rule changes and my other commitments. Would anyone else like to be controller this year ? Keith, I am happy to step down.
So far only likely change is dropping 30 mile rule. I am not clear how a team posting their line-up on a bulletin board in advance is adding to the administrative burden.

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Keith Rose - 23-06-2015

I suggest that posting to this board is not sufficient - some (many?) team captains and club secs are probably not members here and might not wish to be. Handing the responsibility to someone else might also be a problem for them. I think all that's needed is a detailed email to the TC and copied to the opposing captain - it will be time-stamped so time of submission is easily proved.

For prep purposes team captains can circulate their opponents' list among their own team.

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Phil Thomas - 23-06-2015

Posting on the notice board would also not be viable because the second team to post would be able to adjust their board order after reading the other team's board order.

Likewise for mailing out board order to Tournament controller and opposing team captain in the same mail.

Which leaves either team captains exchange lists at the venue - as for most league matches. Or if it is felt necessary to publish pairings in advance both captains mail to Tournament controller who only releases data only when both captains have submitted their team lists.

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Adam Bremner - 23-06-2015

Keith Rose Wrote:Don't overlook that there would have to be a sanction for missing the deadline

1/2 point per board not declared? That way completely failing to submit a team would require a 6-2 win overturn the default, but still allow the match to go ahead.

Phil Thomas Wrote:Posting on the notice board would also not be viable because the second team to post would be able to adjust their board order after reading the other team's board order.

Likewise for mailing out board order to Tournament controller and opposing team captain in the same mail.

Which leaves either team captains exchange lists at the venue - as for most league matches. Or if it is felt necessary to publish pairings in advance both captains mail to Tournament controller who only releases data only when both captains have submitted their team lists.

Good point. The lists would need emailed to the controller in advance, or in case the controller is also a player for one of the teams, an independent person. They could then release the lineups via email, nb, or CS website.

For what it's worth, I voted for 6pm the night before. Personally I would be fine with midnight, but reckoned it had to be earlier in case there are juniors playing who wanted to see it the night before. 24 hrs in advance is even better, although might give the captains more difficulty finding a replacement should there be a last minute drop out, as people would be at work.

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Ianbrownlee - 23-06-2015

good points all round. Can I suggest the use of a named substitute(s) as well in the case of a last minute issue. It would be up to the TC to decide whether substitutes could be allowed at the last minute

Re: Richardson Poll #8 - Timing of Team Line-up - Alan Tate - 23-06-2015

In the Euro Team and Olympiad if no board order is given in time then the assumed order is top 4. So for the Richardson this would mean that from the pool of players submitted at the start of the season it would be top 8.