Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 275
» Latest member: huzumadoarie
» Forum threads: 2,236
» Forum posts: 22,471

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 292 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 289 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Edinburgh Park Congress
Forum: Tournaments and Events
Last Post: JMcNicoll
3 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 471
Meanwhile in Spain
Forum: Scots Abroad
Last Post: Mike Chisholm
7 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
Edinburgh Park live games
Forum: Live Games
22-03-2024, 09:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
Cheap(ish) Chessbase 16 a...
Forum: General Chess Chat
Last Post: ruairidhmckay
19-03-2024, 10:39 PM
» Views: 211
Martin B Edwards
Forum: Obituaries
Last Post: Ianbrownlee
02-03-2024, 07:58 PM
» Views: 362
Livingston Allegro
Forum: Live Games
02-03-2024, 03:12 PM
» Views: 143
Livingston Allegros and B...
27-02-2024, 11:00 AM
» Views: 231
Perth Congress no details...
Last Post: donaldheron
25-02-2024, 06:03 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 313
John Thompson
Forum: Obituaries
Last Post: ruairidhmckay
19-02-2024, 12:43 AM
» Views: 285
Transfers
Forum: Announcements
Last Post: Ianbrownlee
18-02-2024, 07:32 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,311

SNCL Trophies
Posted by: Glynis Grant - 22-03-2012, 11:50 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (1)

I only have one trophy returned to me.

SNCL is this Sunday. Please make sure you have the trophies with you. It will be really disappointing to the prizewinners if they can't get their reward!!!

If I have to chase you up there will be consequences!!!!!

You have been warned

GG (AKA the Boss!)

Print this item

Inverness NEJCA 24/3/12
Posted by: robin moore - 22-03-2012, 07:42 PM - Forum: Junior Chess Chat - Replies (2)

Hi,

Paul MacDonald and I are heading up to this one in the chessmobile. Please feel free to talk to us there about any junior chess issue especially online coaching. We are looking forward to this very much as we thoroughly enjoyed our recent trip to the Stonehaven event,

Robin.

Print this item

SNCL Round 7 - 25/03/2012
Posted by: Donald Wilson - 21-03-2012, 09:48 PM - Forum: League Announcements - Replies (7)

First of all, a reminder to all teams that this is the dreaded Sunday when the clocks go forward - make sure you remember, so that you don't turn up an hour late.

Second, if any team that won a shield last season hasn't already returned it to Glynis bring it with you this Sunday OR ELSE!

Third, can the Bon Accord team please let Glynis, Andy and me know as soon as possible whether they will be coming on Sunday? Kingdom Knaves want to know whether or not they need to turn up.

Print this item

Setting a DGT2010 Clock
Posted by: Mike Scott - 20-03-2012, 07:30 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (6)

Help! I need to setup a couple of clocks on Thursday for 30 moves in 60 mins followed by 15 minutes quickplay. This seems to equate to options 4&5 - called TIME & GUILLOTINE. Trouble I am having is that when I select option 5 I can setup the two time periods okay but at no point am I prompted for the number of moves to be made in that first 60mins.

This seems such a basic requirement I assume I am missing something?

Print this item

SNCL Div 1
Posted by: Patrick McGovern - 20-03-2012, 11:33 AM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (1)

Quote:Relegation

Greenwood are down

am I right in saying that relegation is not settled yet? Andy stated that Greenwood are relegated but if Greenwood win their last game against Cumbernauld 4-1 or better and Kingdom Kings lose their match then Greenwood stay up. Is this correct?
;P

Print this item

Team Lightning
Posted by: Ken_Stewart - 19-03-2012, 09:19 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (2)

I'd like to remind people that the Team Lightning takes place on Sunday at Dunfermline at 3pm - after the last round and AGM of the SNCL.

I hope we can get a good number of entries - please let me know by Friday. See the entry form elsewhere on the website for full info and the details to send me.

Print this item

European Individual Championships
Posted by: David G Congalton - 19-03-2012, 06:12 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (14)

Good luck to Alan Tate in the Euro Individuals. I don't know what Alan would consider a succesful tournament and with a starting rank of 262 out of 350 it will be tough but I hope he does well.

I see Sarunas Sulskis, who is taking part in Prestwick 2012, will also be playing in the event, so I'll be keeping an eye on him too.

Opening ceremony today. Round 1 tomorrow.

Print this item

Chess Scotland Magazine Competition Entry
Posted by: Andy Howie - 18-03-2012, 09:25 PM - Forum: General Chess Chat - Replies (2)

Evening Everyone,

Peter has asked me to put a posting up as follows

Can you do me a favour and put a post/reminder on the CS board that the competition entries
from the magazine have to be in by March 28th. I just realised that I didn't put a deadline for submissions in the mag.
so thought the noticeboard would be a good place to highlight it.
Prizes are the latest copy of the Chessbase Magazine and a copy of Kasparov's new book from Everyman.

Regards

Print this item

Oban games now available....
Posted by: William Hulme - 16-03-2012, 11:07 PM - Forum: The Games Zone - Replies (3)

Thanks to Alistair Campbell for 66 games from Oban 2011 events Big Grin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessscotland.com/gamedownload/games.htm">http://www.chessscotland.com/gamedownload/games.htm</a><!-- m -->

Print this item

Glasgow Congress venue
Posted by: Calum McGillivray - 15-03-2012, 08:58 PM - Forum: Tournaments and Events - Replies (1)

I am considering playing in the Glasgow Congress this year. However, the venue for the tournament is not shown on the website. Has the venue been decided yet?
I played in the tournament in 2010 when it was held at the Kelvingrove Museum but I think that someone said that it was just a one-off use of the venue.

Print this item