Forums

Full Version: Scottish Blitz 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think we decided on not having the event FIDE rated this year (as it's significantly harder to report data for double rounds), although I'm not certain of this. David/Alex...?
Will match or game points be used?
Game points!
Ok
Jonathan Edwards Wrote:I think we decided on not having the event FIDE rated this year (as it's significantly harder to report data for double rounds), although I'm not certain of this. David/Alex...?

You just report it as a great big swiss! *hides before Alex tells him off*
Great tournament !
Don't mind 13 rounds or 18 rounds
Got hot in the hall -windows or aircon or fan ?
Will play every year since it brings out a lot of strong players and helps the juniors too.
Agreed - thanks Jonathan and David for organising and the arbiters for keeping things running smoothly. Big Grin
Really enjoyable day - great chess, loads of strong (some very strong!) players.

Congratulations to the whole team for organising/running this event (and to the sponsors for giving me shortbread and a book Smile )
Another enjoyable event well done !!
So many people got a chance to shine which doesn't happen at other events.
I beat Matthew Sadler. Crawford McNab beat me. Murad Abdulla gets a hard game with John Shaw. Matthew Turner wins Scottish championship. I play Walter Buchanan for the umpteenth time. Juniors get coaching by players 1000 points above them in between games. A big crowd watches the superstars etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4