Forums

Full Version: AGM Candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
True dat, but I wasn't going to wait that long. Found them too.
I have looked through the AGM list and two proposals from Hamilton CC have been missed out. How incompetent! Please can these be added asap.
Andy's got a pretty tough job. If he's omitted a motion or two, then he's done that and I'm sure he'll fix it, but we all make mistakes. No need to take that line.
Been on holiday and although I followed the debates, enjoying the sun and wine while in Italy seemed far more important than commenting! Big Grin

Anyway I would just like to say that I think that it is absolutely brilliant to see who have stepped forward as candidates. They can surely be trusted and left to to get on to drive CS forward with energy and enthusiasm that will transcend the petty politics that have dogged CS for so long.

It would help the troops to follow the directors if they know what their plans and visions are - in the absence of which others will tend to fill the void.
Proxy Votes - a bit of nonsense really. Yes you need to enable people to participate in the agm who simply can not attended but would if it was held local to them or held at a more convenient time, but I suspect those are a minority and that the vast majority of members would not attend under any circumstances but many of those are willing to have their votes used by proxies. The fact that proxy votes are harvested and used as block votes is certainly one of the reasons why the AGM might appear a pointless exercise.

I would suggest that the alternative is that the AGM debate is bradcast live and some voting mechanism is enabled to allow non-attendees to cast their vote in real-time. No need to enable them to comment in real time, after all if you use a proxy you have no ability to comment either. If you can not be bothered to sit at a terminal cast your vote in this manner than tough.

When scanning my emails I came across an email asking me for my proxy vote but seemed to indicate that the proxy would only use it in one way. That is if I were to request that the proxy cast my vote against his/her own vote they would not accept it. I think that this is not right, it suggests a certain lack of moral strength. One must be able to accept that others may disagree with you, and not simply ignore them!

As a non-member this year I have no votes so it is a bit academic!
The level of in-fighting between directors & ex-directors in the last year has been intolerable and is ongoing. This has affected Hamilton Chess Club badly. The presidential candidate who has the best solution to closure on this gets my vote.
Andy, how can you make these statements. Four posts up this thread, you, a serving CS director, attacked the Executive Director for a minor mistake, get real.

Chess Scotland is not all about Hamilton. Sadly Hamilton, or it's driving force, seems to think it is, or should be, Chess Scotland.
Andy McCulloch Wrote:Andy, how can you make these statements. Four posts up this thread, you, a serving CS director, attacked the Executive Director for a minor mistake, get real.

Chess Scotland is not all about Hamilton. Sadly Hamilton, or it's driving force, seems to think it is, or should be, Chess Scotland.

+1
andyburnett Wrote:
Andy McCulloch Wrote:Andy, how can you make these statements. Four posts up this thread, you, a serving CS director, attacked the Executive Director for a minor mistake, get real.

+1

Ahhh so this is what it might be all about? Sad

How much influence do you folk thing that one club actually has??

I was asked a while ago if I had joined Hamilton Chess Club so my children would be selected to play for Scotland. Obviously Hamilton Chess Club rule supreme and no matter how rubbish my kids were at chess I was ensuring their international places..................
I am joining Hamilton Chess club and will play for them (again) in the first Division of the Glasgow league.

Please feel free to debate that fact.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20