Forums

Full Version: Latest from the GA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
CJ de mooi and Nigel Short of England refused to sit with Scotland, Wales and Ireland at the general assembly - having Stewart Reuben change their seats.

Contrary to popular belief we are voting for the ECF...
Mmmmm? I wonder if there is a change of heart from Engerlund ;| Mibbe they want to keep in with the hierarchy. ;P
I'd just like to make a correction to the above. I had incomplete information, it was CJ and not Nigel. Apologies to GM Short who has been working with the home nation delegates.
Andy Howie Wrote:I'd just like to make a correction to the above. I had incomplete information, it was CJ and not Nigel. Apologies to GM Short who has been working with the home nation delegates.

Would that be the same Nigel Short who doesn't believe the 'home nations' should exist and we should all be under the 'teamGB' umbrella? :\ In short, Short is a thoroughly obnoxious and offensive little man and I pity anyone who has to do business with him. Apology? Nah, not even if it was deserved!

Anything of interest to us all back home being discussed?
Quote: In short, Short is a thoroughly *********. Apology? Nah, not even if it was deserved!

I don't think this can really be acceptable. And suggest that it be removed ASAP.
Lara is deputising for me. So far I have heard that the Arbiter Tax is going ahead which is going to cost CS anything up to £1000 this year. Marvellous...

Secondly CJ has resigned as ECF President!

There is some major news from us but I will wait for Alex and Lara to return before doing the announcement.
Mike Scott Wrote:
Quote: In short, Short is a thoroughly *********. Apology? Nah, not even if it was deserved!

I don't think this can really be acceptable. And suggest that it be removed ASAP.

Why? The man has no standing on this forum or in CS business. If you think ******* out the phrase 'obnoxious and offensive little man' is necessary please explain why. I haven't used profanities or expletives, simply given my personal description of how I find him to be. People are free to agree or disagree, but I don't think you asking for it to be censored is particularly acceptable.
I took this from a post on the ECF, by a past president of the English Chess Federeation, who states that he had Short standing as his FIDE rep.

"There is an election between the greatest ever English GM, with a track record of fighting corruption in FIDE, at his own risk, (Ok, he's a bit of a gob sh**e) "

and that is from one of his defenders.
Andy,
I do not see how it can be acceptable to insult someone simply because
Quote:The man has no standing on this forum or in CS business

In what way does his standing make it acceptable? I mean are you saying that it would be unacceptable for some one to say the same about one of the CS directors because they have "standing"?
Turkey withdrew the proposal to ban the 7 countries. Just as well for England as they were not represented. The expected stand-in FIDE delegate had decided to resign the day before. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3