Forums

Full Version: New constitution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Wow, 19 pages, and I've only just noticed this thread because of it not being in the members section.

No idea how a normal CS member is supposed to have any clue what is going on here. I certainly don't.
Adam Bremner Wrote:Wow, 19 pages, and I've only just noticed this thread because of it not being in the members section.No idea how a normal CS member is supposed to have any clue what is going on here. I certainly don't.

Adam

This subject (SGM/New Constitution) was posted on the Front Page of the website and has been since the day this thread started. It is also viewable through the members section - you just can't post to it there. General Chess Chat, and 7th topic down.

Sorry.

Jim
Robin refers to this post:

Derek Howie Wrote:
Alastair White Wrote:By way of clarification the rules as drafted apply not just to being ‘Scottish Champion’ but to any present and future National Individual Title including those which are gender or age-related.

Does this include the Primary Individual? The Scottish Girls Championship? Are you saying that kids would have to be registered with FIDE and members of CS before they can take part in these kids competitions?

Alastair White Wrote:When we are talking about representing Scotland in international competition, this applies not only to the Olympiad team but also many other gender and age-related competitions too, both team and individual.

So kids would need to be registered with FIDE before they could play at, say, the Liverpool Quadrangular?

To take the second point first, I would have thought that a junior tournament versus English opponents would be regarded as domestic. This second point is probably included in the first point anyway – if so then there is but one issue.

The first point could be an issue - though is it not then an issue with item 16.2 also? (Says juniors need an SCO code registered with FIDE)

I’ve no knowledge of how CS handles SCO codes for juniors, but assuming Derek is right could this not be simply remedied with a tweak - for juniors, the FIDE SCO code requirement could be waived at CS’s discretion.

Cheers
Jim Webster Wrote:
Adam Bremner Wrote:Wow, 19 pages, and I've only just noticed this thread because of it not being in the members section.No idea how a normal CS member is supposed to have any clue what is going on here. I certainly don't.

Adam

This subject (SGM/New Constitution) was posted on the Front Page of the website and has been since the day this thread started. It is also viewable through the members section - you just can't post to it there. General Chess Chat, and 7th topic down.

Sorry.

Jim

Ah OK. The General chess chat section is showing last post as 28th June, so I never went in to it. I generally just go in to the areas if there is some activity.
WBuchanan Wrote:To take the second point first, I would have thought that a junior tournament versus English opponents would be regarded as domestic. This second point is probably included in the first point anyway – if so then there is but one issue.

But it isn't just against the English, and it's a discredit to those who take part to claim it's not an international.

WBuchanan Wrote:The first point could be an issue though. I’ve no knowledge of how CS handles SCO codes for juniors, but assuming Derek is right this could be easily remedied with a tweak - for juniors, the FIDE SCO code requirement could be waived at CS’s discretion.

Who in CS would grant the discretion? Are you proposing an amendment to your amendment?

I think that this highlights that there are many implications on a number of points in the proposals that require further discussion and investigation.
So why exactly is it so important to remove the vote from U16's &/or their Guardian?

I cannot see why they would & dont recall, when they would vote on 'adult' matters. Hence I guess, that is why the data has been presented showing few votes came in from juniors & is as such as they dont vote on 'adult' matters. However, voting for contested Presidency or Directorships affects all & therefore isnt just an 'adult' matter.

I'm guessing the method in this madness is so that matters that will directly affect juniors, will be raised in the near future & by removing their vote, any proposals will then not be democratically voted on by those that it affects. :ymapplause:

So what order will they be presented, is it time for a sweep stake? Wink Grading fees, Selection criteria, affiliations
[-x

When answering this I will appreciate if my previous post from earlier today also be answered
Only the Glorney and Gilbert events are FIDE rated, the other Junior events, quadrangular etc, are graded domestically.

The majority of Junior events in Scotland are run at time controls which are valid only for rapidplay grading at any level outside of Scotland.
A minor point to add to Andy's post. The Liverpool quadrangular is graded domestically but your games will only be graded if you are a member of ChessScotland.
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:When answering this I will appreciate if my previous post from earlier today also be answered
I have now - see below. Unfortunately, although I try to respond to this thread promptly, I have other considerations that demand my time. I have a brother ill in hospital and 2 grandkids (aged 7 & 4), now on holiday, who get some priority - so I don't really appreciate this type of comment and will not respond to this type of statement again.

Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Question: regarding new structure & specifically Executive Committee. At the moment the President is a figure head & chairs meetings & the executive director is in charge of everyone & the buck stops with him/her. With the new structure who will ultimately be in charge - with whom will the buck stop.
There is no mandate at present to change any of the current practices, so Status Quo prevails. When the new structure is adopted Operating Procedures are mandated and will therefore be created - the content of these is also speculation.

I think I'll use a smiley now - I haven't used this one before.
:bash:
No discredit intended, Derek.You say

“Who in CS would grant the discretion?”

Well, CS are asking to have complete freedom over selection criteria, and are also proposing to develop operating procedures to cover all cases - so I expect this case would be readily subsumed by those procedures.

Perhaps a better description than ‘granting discretion’ would help.
Eg, adding this to the text following item 16.1.2 which begins “In the case of Juniors aged 18 and under…”,

" and the requirement for a Scottish (‘SCO’) registration with FIDE may be modified as appropriate in the operating procedures used by Chess Scotland".

This ‘amended amendment’ in conjunction with the rest of my proposed amendment would hopefully allow the CS membership to determine adult eligibility criteria, without impacting unnecessarily on junior selections.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38