Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacQueen - Edwards
Hi everyone.

Jonny Edwards has just taken my challenge up so here we go!

[pgn][Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]
[PlyCount "1"]

1. e4 *[/pgn]

Spoiler here>> Well I usually play 1.d4 but occasionally 1.e4 or 1.c4. Okay, so for the fans, I'll have a swing with 1.e4 <<Spoiler here
Seems fitting that we play a correspondence match given that we're sharing a flat next year... Loser buys the pints? Big Grin

Good luck!

[pgn]1. e4 e5[/pgn]

Spoiler here>> No doubt he's giving me a load of trash talk!

Seems reasonable to think he's gonna go 2. Ne2. Just a prediction though Smile

I'll be more than happy to accommodate this bad move by setting it up with 1. e5
<<Spoiler here
That could be an expensive wager Jonny Smile

[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 *[/pgn]

spoiler---> Ahhh 1...e5. Was set for a swing vs Jonny Edwards' (or "Jedwards" for short) modern. Think I've seen 2.Nf3 somewhere before, probably worth a go. Ideally he doesn't play a quick f5 of i might just get mated Smile. <-----Spoiler
Oh, we'll see! Although I do realise that it could well turn out to be veryyyyyyyy expensive Smile.

[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6[/pgn]

Spoiler here>> Noooooo!!! He didn't play Ne2! My whole game is ruined.

OK we'll go down the route of a nice and quiet Spanish game. I already have my eyes on a potential Marshall gambit here, but I'll have to address that when the time(if) comes because I know that he knows a lot of theory when it comes to the Marshall.
<<Spoiler here
[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 *[/pgn]

Spoiler---> Probably should play a Lopez. I know Jonny plays 3.Bc4 so it's not clever to play down something he'll know better than me. He was a nice game in the Evan's gambit in Hastings against Dave Ledger. Trying to think of odd things to play as soon as possible. Maybe some anti-social d3-Nd2-f1-g3 effort without castling? Depends really on what he plays, of course. <----Spoiler
[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 *[/pgn]

Spoiler here>> Still basic moves at the moment... Just about basic enough for him to understand.

See, he thinks that I think that he thinks I will play a line involving Be7. But should I do that? Hmm. Let's hope he doesn't play an exchange Spanish, completely against his style anyway.
<<Spoiler here
[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 *[/pgn]

Spoiler --> Well taking would be no fun at all (unless you're Carl Milton ;P ). <---Spoiler
[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 *[/pgn]

Spoiler here>> So he's gone 4. Ba4 to preserve his lovely white-squared bishop.

...4. Nf6 attacks his e4 pawn whilst developing a piece. Still early doors and main line stuff.
<<Spoiler here
[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O *[/pgn]

Spoiler--> Hmmm... wondering if he might play an open Lopez here? I presume main line but okay, it wouldn't be a surprise. Guess just now, he'll play a Chigorin (Na5,c5 ect) if I follow main line. That's pretty interesting. Maybe I'll just lob a bit though. <-----Spoiler
[pgn]1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O b5 *[/pgn]

Spoiler here>> ...5. b5 gains space on the Queen-side and also restricts his bishop's squares on a4 and c4. The bishop's threat from b3 once kicked back is of course the weak square f7. I plan to play either Be7 or Bc5 on move 6. Both have advantages and limitations. <<Spoiler here