Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Lynn
Sad to report the passing of Henry Lynn, one of the original founding members of East Kilbride Chess Club.
The funeral service will be 2.45 on Monday, 05 September 2016 at South Lanarkshire Crematorium.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Henry and Jim were the two players that went out of their way to make me feel welcome at EK chess club when I joined them.

He was an absolute Gentleman, I have fond memories of going to tournaments with Both Alex's Henry, Jim and Stewart.

He played league chess into his 80s. I'll never forget the smile on his face when we won the Spens cup for the first time and presented him with the spare medal. it just seemed to us to be the right thing to do.

Henry will be missed by all of us at EK, both past and present.

Thoughts and prayers for his family at this sad time

Andy
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
really sad to hear about Henry , spookily I was Asking about him at the AGM. Such a gentleman and always looked forward to meeting him at East Kilbride. Always capable of making me laugh even when I was on the receiving end of a drubbing from an EK player, Henry will be sorely missed and he was always able to teach us a thing or two about life and how to enjoy it. A real ambassador both for East Kilbride and for chess in general