Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Junior International Events
Clement Sreeves Wrote:
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Why can't anyone see that it would be wrong to take any of funding from your scenario C player. If they are top in their age group they deserve the place.
Why are they more deserving of a wholly funded place than the U14s?

Because that's the deal from the host.... End of.

It might not be what would be liked & I see the argument that's being put forward if the player in another age group is well below the Scottish average. So no the U18 at 100 grade would never be considered. But the deal isn't send your strongest only. What legal mess could be achieved if CS were to go down the route of the girls aren't strong enough so we will send boys in their place.

Clement Sreeves Wrote:I would call being top of their age group in that scenario 'lucky' rather than 'deserving'. This is why the fair way is to give the funding to the top players RELATIVE to their age, so that everyone is on the same playing field.
. :bash:

It's not the deal being offered & that is what some of us are trying very hard to get across. CS can't make up their own rules.

Clement Sreeves Wrote:Actually a funny thought occurred to me while I was typing this. The players receiving funded places are also 'lucky' in a way to be Scottish, rather than for example French where they might not be good enough .

True

Messages In This Thread