Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Junior International Events
AS there seems to be a lot mentioned today about MONEY I thought I would ask about the Junior International events this year. I have had a look on the FIDE calendar & it seems none of this years events are going to be easy to get to financially & maybe in some cases logistically. World Youth is South Africa, Euroyouth is Georgia.

My question to all is..... is 2014 the year where CS says well actually these places are difficult & will cost a lot of money, so lets give it a miss. Instead use a fraction of the funds for a majority of the top Junior Internationals to attend the Commonwealth which is after all on home soil & to encourage participation. Even if a 50% entry fee reduction was given, juniors/families will still need to fork out on travel & accommodation for those that are not in the Glasgow area. Some of the funds could even go towards some coaching for them as well. It would also be nice for them to have the squad t-shirt or similar.

There is also the Glorney taking place in Stirling this year where some additional funding could help the home juniors.

What I am saying really is what is the point of CS & families paying a lot of money to go abroad this year when the destinations are not easy & when Scotland is hosting both the Commonwealth & Glorney.

I will go & duck now before the bullets fly but I am being serious here its a very valid question :-ss

Messages In This Thread