Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spare equipment needed for Juniors club
I'd just like to say on behalf of Dunbar Chess Club thanks to all those involved with Junior Chess who have emailed me with help and advice recently, there is many of you.

Dunbar Chess club is only 4 years old, and going from strength to strength with an ever increasing membership. I am hopefull we may be able to enter a 2nd team in competitions in the next year or so if we keep progressing as we are.

Dunbar Grammar School is only a few months old and has 15 kids coming, 12 on a regular basis. They have a keen chess playing teacher in place there and have been kindly donated some equipment to get things properly moving, many thanks to SJC and Hamilton Chess Club for their recent donation. Matches with other schools are being talked about and will happen. The future looks great for this club.

Dunbar Primary had a club but it has been dormant for several years. I am restarting their club after the summer hols when my own son starts P1. I believe they already have plenty equipment and are ready to go.

West Barns Primary (in West Barns just next to Dunbar) has a new club starting up for the first time. A primary teacher who can play chess, and has a chess playing son of their own at the school is going to run this with other parents helping, and is getting support from our club.

Dunbar is just a small seaside town, so to have this amount of chess activity is unbelievable. Hopefully it is a winner for everyone, not just Dunbar, but Jnr Chess and the Jnr tournaments, the adult chess scene, and perhaps even our International teams one day.

Messages In This Thread