Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Girls Championships - Location
PeterReidSmith Wrote:Well, I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the attendance - ultimately that's the key metric, though I do genuinely hope that the 5-7 hours round trip (and the resulting accommodation costs) do not put too many off. In contrast, I believe the SJC event was unsure on whether they would have good numbers - despite their event being very centrally located.

Meanwhile, I take my hat off to those transporting the younger ones - enduring 5-7 hours of "are-we-there-yet" is admirable.

Commenting only on the numbers attending SJC run girls events.

In 2009 the girls championships were combined with the West of Scotland weekend congress. 10 Primary and 4 Secondary girls played. (14)
In subsequent years the girls championship was run as a stand alone event.
2010 (23)
2011 (22)
2012 (18)
2013 (28)

In 2013 the space at the venue was only just adequate. Therefore the 2014 SJC girls championship will be held at a larger venue. The format and entry form have been revamped from last year.

I have just spoken to the control team for this event and entries to date number 8.
Insufficient data to predict final numbers but since that many entries 21 days before a CFK qualifier is highly unusual - confidence is high.

Messages In This Thread