Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess Scotland Broadcast Channel
The Dundee congresses proposed use of the livestream facility for broadcasting at next weekend’s event, Prestwick’s intention to broadcast commentary at the 2012 congress and the thread on online junior coaching has set the little wheels and cogs crunching in my head about a Chess Scotland livestream channel.

Some of the following is also on the junior thread and I apologise for repeating myself. I said I apologise for repeating myself.

By using Livestream, it is my understanding that broadcasts can be made at no cost to the provider or to the user. I believe that the Livestream facility can also allow the viewer to see what is on the producers screen. There is also a chat facility which allows communication between the provider and the audience.

The free version has no restriction on who can view or the number of viewers (once a channel has been verified).

The provision of a Chess Scotland channel may spread public awareness of the game, the channel could be used for

• the broadcast of congresses

• the broadcasting of the Scottish Championships

• A monthly Chess Reporting Scotland

• The Presidential Speech each Christmas and New Year

• Last night of the Pawns for those with musical talents

• Live 100 club draw.

• Junior and adult training

• Award ceremonies – Chess Scotland equivalent of the Oscars and the award for best supporting actor in a Chess Soap goes to …

• Question time – A panel made up of our top chess players could be grilled on what they think of the current situation of the game in Scotland. Nominations for the role of mediator could be made on the forum.

• The Kings Road – A gritty soap about a town of chess players and the drama, scandal and intrigue of their lives. This Thursday – Big Al is devastated at being omitted from the first team’s trip to Auchtershoogle, Rab the Rook returns a day early from the Mull of Kintyre congress to find his wife big Senga entertaining Dougie the Poisoned Pawn over his Battle of Bannockburn chess set.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread