Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderators moderated?
Would it be wrong to say, for example “I am not happy with Andy Howie as Exec Dir as he has not done this…” Of course it is not. If you were to say “I am not happy with Andy Howie as Exec Dir as he is a fat useless waster" then that is a personal attack.

I think the two are different, well they are in my mind. I think there is a clear difference between the two and it is the latter we are trying to eradicate. We probably have been oversenstive recently which has made it worse but if people are willing to try and use constructive critisim then where is the problem with that?

We need to get away from the idea that we are protecting Chess Scotland. Well we are but you know what I mean. Is it wrong to say that there are failings in the running of Chess Scotland then go on to list those failings? I would say no it isn't. Is it right to accuse people of being corrupt?? I would argue that this is not really the place for that as it is attacking someone personally.

Any posts removed will have an explaination for the removal publically in the place so people who have read it will understand. We will get it wrong, of that I have no doubt but that is where we need the understanding of the members of this board that we will try to get it right most of the time. If we get it wrong, then it is a trivial matter to put the post back up.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread