Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney 2013
Alan

Some good replies - agree with work ethic and the need transparency of information.

In terms of work ethic - you must have made significant sacrifices with the improvements you have made in recent times - it might be interesting to share some of the top Scottish players plan or a straw poll on work plan when you were improving the most ie how many hours a week on chess and what was order of priorities: preparation /online games /books/ tournaments etc - I would not be a good role model I really only focused on over the board games - although results were much better when I filtered out lower graded events/games.

Dougie Bryson highlighted just how many players give up chess soon after primary School - we could do with trying to tackle this - I don't think it helps that tournaments are not really targeting them like they do at primary

One suggestion Mark Sanger and I discussed a while ago was a team challenge tournament with old glorney/faber etc teams vs the more recent teams - (Walter B you would be in the oldies unless we have a seniors team as well !) I know time is difficult for some people but perhaps next year say a month before the glorney - it could only be good prep for the 2014 team - even a one day event?

Noticed that Jonathan Edwards has just posted an exceptional result abroad - following on from the excellent running of the Blitz - he'd be my choice for Scottish Marketing Director!

Messages In This Thread