Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothians congress/Dalguise
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Someone needs to take the bull by the horns with this one.

I'd like to give the organisation of this a go, if there is an interest from juniors, adults and coaches. The complexities of putting it together intrigue me. I may be a rubbish chess player, no need to apologise for stating the truth Andrew Big Grin , but I'm not bad at organising things. My books are all organised in alphabetical order by author and then by the sequence each book was first published.

At the moment I'm thinking of trying to organise some pilot exercises utilising any free trials on offer such as the 14 day trial on webex, (the software Andrew McHarg mentioned). If I can get a coach or two and some guinea pigs to assist I think I can put together at least a couple of pilot training sessions within the 14 day trial to see how it all works or how it all doesn't work.

I'm also interested in Andrew Greens suggestion of Skype and Playchess and I'd still like to investigate the livestream option to see if that could be made to work.

My problem at the moment is my lack of knowledge of the mediums that can be utilised. Why have they made technology so technological? By mediums I mean internet options for bringing together coaches and pupils and not a spooky way of getting in touch with Grandmaster ghosts, although if anyone does have a way of doing this I'd appreciate it if they'd let me know about it, preferably before the Dundee congress. I don't think there are any FIDE rules regarding assistance from beyond the grave. WoooOOOOHHH! Insert a ghost smiley here.

I'll continue my thoughts on the online training thread in the general portion of the forum, once I have given some further consideration on how to proceed.

I would suggest that the online training option is only one of the many things that could be implemented to build on the excellent work done with our junior squads in the last few years by Phil and Jacqui Thomas, who deserve a great deal of gratitude and credit for the enormous work they put in. We owe it to them and those that helped them to continue the momentum.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread