Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lothians congress/Dalguise
To follow on from what Andrew said I think it could be majorly advantageous to have online training sessions, as it saves on travel costs/time and as a result opens the training up to a much wider number of juniors, much more frequently. There is software on the market which isn't too expensive that can do what we need, and all everyone needs is a mic and internet access on an avarage PC. I know not many households which don't have such equipment these days already'; but for those which don't, a mic is only about a tenner in the shops.

The software in mind is web-based, and can show to the audience what the host sees on his screen - so if the host was running Fritz it would show on everyone's screen. This even works on IPad and various other mobile devices (I've checked), which could even mean live training if you are away from home. Bizarrely this could even mean that teams which have travelled abroad could get additional training sessions from a coach back in Scotland, live over the Internet.

Is charging for the coaching is normal? If so then the charges could be lowered on the basis that no premises were required. Maybe even some of our GMs would do some coaching sessions in this way once or twice per year?

Just a few thoughts. =)

Messages In This Thread